A Space and Time Set Aside for Growth
- You aren’t entirely sure exactly what you want to do but you know your faith is important to you.
- You are considering college, taking a break from college, taking classes online, or not interested in attending college.
- You desire to set aside time to pursue growth.
- You enjoy being active as you work.
- You are excited about the idea of being challenged.
If any of the above statements sound familiar, a gap year experience that focuses on growth and discernment might be the right next step in your journey.
The BLBC Discipleship Program is a nine-month program designed to inspire young Christian leaders to encounter God through mentoring, teaching, and professional development. The program is intended for 18-22 year old high school graduates who have a strong desire to learn what it means to be a disciple of Jesus while setting goals and working toward a vision of being sent into whatever comes next.
Dates for 2022/23
August – May
Four Essential Elements
These four essential elements are woven together to form the Discipleship Program
A significant aspect of discipleship at Bair Lake Bible Camp involves the opportunity to practice our faith in serving alongside one another. Together we learn what it means to work to the glory of God, to serve with excellence, and to understand work as a gift
Coaching and Mentoring is a space for intentional and transformational question asking. We want to provide space for working through questions, tensions that arise, and time to explore issues of the heart.
Through the practices of truth-telling, promise-keeping, gratitude, and hospitality, discipleship students will learn how to live in a healthy community with one another.
Through study, training, and guest speakers, discipleship students will be given the opportunity to grow personally, spiritually, and professionally. Our goal is to move beyond the “classroom” and to apply the practical tools necessary to thrive in faith and your vocational calling wherever God ultimately leads you.
What do you gain from the Discipleship Program?
- Personal coaching and mentoring throughout the year from our full-time staff
- The development of habits that are sustaining and life-giving
- A foundational understanding of how to study scripture
- The development of a Christian worldview
- An exploration of basic Christian doctrine
- The development of time management skills
- An opportunity to serve and create an impact
- Real opportunities to set and accomplish goals
- A season of discernment
- Growth in professional experience (resumé building, networking, vocational skills, etc)
- Growth in life skills (cooking, meal planning, budget management, conflict resolution, etc)
- Housing throughout the program
- Meals when food is served on grounds; leftovers when available
- A monthly stipend
- A chance to live at camp!
Not every week will look the same, but you can count on these regular rhythms
- Morning & Afternoon Prayer
- Breaking Bread (Sharing meals together)
- Bible Study
- Leadership Hour
Discipleship students will get to experience working in various departments and learning a series of new skills, including
- Guest Services
- Food Service
- Office Operations
- Site and Facility Maintenance
- Facilitating high-adventure activities
- Facilitating team-building activities
- Retreat planning