To fulfill the Great Commission by providing an escape from the daily rigors to a place of excellent programs, people and facilities.
Uncompromisingly Biblical - 2 Timothy 3:16
Relationally Based - John 13:34-35
All-encompassingly Christian - Colossians 3:17
We exist as a launching pad for individuals impacted by Bair Lake Bible Camp to make Jesus Christ known in their community, country and world.
Statement of Faith
• We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
• We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe that God created the universe and everything in it. The culminating work of His creative activity was the creation of human beings, male and female, who are made in His image. Therefore, from the moment of conception until natural death, human life should be cherished and protected.
• We believe the Lord Jesus to be both truly God and truly man. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
• We believe that every person is fallen, sinful and lost. We firmly maintain that no one is saved by an act of his own will alone. The Holy Spirit brings about the new birth and works in the soul of the sinner, convicting him of sin, repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling a Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
• We believe that the Gospel should be proclaimed to every person on earth, and that it is the responsibility of all who hear the Gospel to repent of their sins and rebellion against God, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and receive justification and the forgiveness of sins.
• We believe that redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ; that salvation is by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ; and that every true child of God possesses eternal life and will never perish.
• We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; Those who are in Christ will receive glorified bodies and dwell forever with the Lord in Heaven. Those who are spiritually lost will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment.
• We believe the marital relationship, instituted by God, is between one man and one woman only, and establishes the only proper pattern of sexual relations. Furthermore, we believe that gender is ordained by God and cannot be changed or altered by human will.
• We believe that the universal church, a living organism known as the body of Christ, is composed of all believers of every age since its inception at Pentecost. We believe that Christ is the head of the church and is Himself its Savior. We believe that local churches are composed of believers in any community who assemble in Christ's name.
• Established in 1956; incorporated in 1957
• Nondenominational – evangelical - Founded by the Plymouth Brethren churches in Sturgis, Detroit and Grand Rapids.
• Owned and administrated by an elected 12-member Board of Directors (3 yr. terms) who hire a CEO to oversee the operation of the ministry.
• Leadership: Current Chief Executive Officer of Bair Lake is Robert Tissot. Experience: 16 years in public education as secondary education teacher,
Counselor and Director of Guidance Department, Licensed Counselor - 10 years of volunteer work and in full-time ministry at Bair Lake Bible Camp since
• Bair Lake is licensed by the State of Michigan for 220 campers each week during the summer months.
• Member of Christian Camp and Conference Association. (CCCA)
• Member of Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability (ECFA)
• Year-round facility. Open for retreats to all groups who are consistent with our Purpose Statement and Statement of Faith and will adhere to the standards that have been established by the ministry.
• 160 campers per week; Sunday 3 PM - Saturday 12:15 PM; rates are available in our brochure.
• The majority of the summer workers are volunteers. Most have a long history with Bair Lake.
• Senior Staff (college-age) receive a minimum of 30 hours of training in all of the current rules and regulations required by the State of Michigan. They also receive training in all of the areas of work that are performed here throughout the summer.
• Program Directors – volunteers for each week of camp who have a long history with Bair Lake and the majority are involved in public education in Michigan.
• Health Officer (HO) – on-site during all of our summer camps. Health Officers meet the requirements as outlined by the State of Michigan.
• Bair Lake sponsors and directs many retreats throughout the year for Men, Women and Youth.
• Guest groups are welcome to rent space to conduct their own retreats. Lodging/meeting area/food all included. Maximum occupancy 230 persons.
• Bair Lake provides food service for retreat groups.